The Secretary of State to the Minister of Defence in charge of Ex-servicemen and war victims
BIOGRAPHY OF SED/CACVG, Mr. KOUMPA ISSA
Born around 1956 in Kourtessé, in the Poli Subdivision, Faro Division, North Region, in Cameroon, the Secretary of State to the Minister of Defence in Charge of Ex-servicemen and War Victims, Mr. KOUMPA ISSA, is a retired Senior Civil Administrator and a graduate of the National School of Administration and Magistracy (ENAM). He joined the Cameroon Public Service on November 7, 1981.
But earlier, he completed his primary education in his province of origin (North), and in his subdivision (POLI), namely in the Béka-Ilou, Kourtessé and Poli public schools.
As for his secondary education, he went to the Adamawa Plateau, first to the CEG, then to the CES, which later became the Government High School of Ngaoundéré.
Holder of a Baccalauréat, he attended the University of Yaoundé (Faculty of Letters and Human Sciences), followed by the National School of Administration and Magistracy (ENAM).
His administrative career began with a posting to the Ministry of Urban Planning and Housing (MINUH), followed by a call of the destiny at the Ministry of Territorial Administration, which led to a long and sustained administrative career in territorial command.
- First Assistant Divisional Officer of Kaélé (Far North Region)
- Senior Divisional Officer of Sanaga-Maritime, Edéa (Littoral Region)
- Senior Divisional Officer of Mayo-Danay, Yagoua (Far North Region)
- Senior Divisional Officer of Diamaré, Maroua (Far North Region)
- Senior Divisional Officer of Mayo-Tsanaga, Mokolo (Far North Region)
- Chargé de Mission at the Secretary General of the Presidency of the Republic (Special Duties Division)
- Governor of the South Province, Ebolowa
- Governor of the North West Province, Bamenda
- Governor of the Centre Province, Yaoundé
- Governor of the South West Region, Buea
On November 09, 2011, Mr. KOUMPA ISSA was appointed by the President of the Republic as the first ever Secretary of State to the Minister of Defence in charge of Ex-Servicemen and War Victims (SED/CACVG), a structure created on the same day, as part of a government reshuffle.
A Grand Officer of the National Order of Valour, this sports fan, particularly Volley-ball, is as well known to the Cameroon sports federation as he is to the world of community associations. In addition to his administrative duties, Mr. KOUMPA ISSA has also assumed various responsibilities, including:
- President of the Elites Association for the Development of the Faro Division;
- President of the Far North Provincial Volleyball League from 1995 to 1999;
- Vice-President of the Cameroon Federation of Volleyball from 1999 to 2022;
- Vice President of the Ethics Committee of the National Olympic and Sports Committee (CNOSC) since October 20, 2020;
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of North West Development Authority (MIDENO) from 2003 to 2007;
- Chairman of the Steering Committee of the GP-DERUDEP Project in North-West Bamenda from 2005 to 2007;
- Member of the Board of Directors of Sea Fishing Development Fund, Edea, from1989 to 1991;
- Member of the Board of Directors of North West Livestock Development Fund in Bamenda from 1999 to 2007;
- Member of the Board of Directors of Cameroon Development Corporation (CDC) from 2003 to 2011;
- Member of the Board of Directors of Cocoa Development Company (SODECAO), from 2007 to 2010.
Mr. KOUMPA ISSA is a born builder, and he is especially known for instilling good work ethics, and for his unflagging commitment to development in general, and to the training of his division’s young people and rural women in particular.
On the political front, he has been a committed militant of the Cameroon People’s Democratic Movement (CPDM), since July 1985, of which he has been treasurer of the CPDM Kourtessé sub-section (FARO-EAST section) since 2013, and a member of the Divisional Permanent Delegation of the CPDM Central Committee for Faro.
He is also a large-scale farmer.
Mr KOUMPA ISSA is married, father of 06 children as well as grandfather and great-grandfather of many others. /-